Wednesday, August 18, 2010

S'more's Cookie Bars




Hey everyone!  I am so happy to share this phenomenal recipe with all of my followers (or anyone that happens upon my blog), as I LOVE S'MORES!!!  They remind me of childhood, camping, fun, laughter, and relaxing by the fire...there is something so nostalgic about roasting a marshmallow over the fire on a stick.  So, the other day I was perusing one of my favorite food blogs, Crepes of Wrath, and I saw this recipe...I just knew I HAD to make it.  Let me tell you all, run, do not walk to make this recipe, you'll be glad you did.  Enjoy!

S'more Cookie Bars

Ingredients
















1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 extra large chocolate bars that are large enough to fill an 8" x 8" pan--I used Hershey's chocolate
1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff--about one jar

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease and/or line an 8" x 8" brownie (square) pan.
2.  In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Sugars and butter
After eggs and vanilla 
3.  In a small bowl, whisk the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
4.  Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.  

Finished graham cracker dough
5.  Divide the dough in half and press half of the dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.  If it seems thin, that's okay, the dough will rise during baking.


6.  Place chocolate bars over dough in an even layer.


7.  Spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate bars.
8.  Top the fluff with the remaining dough by forming the dough into sheets with the palm of your hands and laying it down.


9.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.  You can cover the top of the pan with foil if it is browning too quickly.


10.  Now, here's the hard part...Let it cool completely before cutting, because they will crumble when you try to cut them if you don't.

ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome!!!! I want some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were really good and easy; you should try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying it out tonight for the Things and the Husband...will let you know how it goes....

    ReplyDelete